KARACHI: A medical board has been created to exhume the remains of deceased Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and television host Dr. Aamir Liaquat Hussain and conduct a postmortem.
The board will exhume the remains and conduct a postmortem on June 23, Thursday, according to a notification issued by the Sindh Health Department on Monday.
A Karachi court magistrate had ordered the officials to set a date for the exhumation of the deceased body so that a postmortem could be performed earlier on Thursday.
“For carrying out the order of XXTH-Judicial Magistrate East, Karachi, dated 18.06.2022, regarding exhumation of the dead body of deceased Dr. Aamir Liaquat Hussain, to ascertain the cause of death, and Exhumation Board has been constituted,” the notification reads.
The board, led by Karachi Police Surgeon Dr. Summaiya Syed, will exhume the grave in the Abdullah Shah Ghazi Shrine Graveyard in the presence of the magistrate, according to the notification.
The boards comprise the following doctors:
- Karachi Police Surgeon Dr. Summaiya Syed Police Surgeon Karachi
- Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Additional Police Surgeon Dr. Shahid Nizam
- Forensic expert and Head, Department of Forensic Medicine, Jinnah Sindh Medical University Prof. Dr. Pervez Makhdoom
- Forensic expert and Assistant Professor of Forensic Medicine SMBB Medical College, Lyari Dr. Hari Ram Lohana
- Civil Hospital Karachi Medico Legal Officer, Dr. Gulzar Ali Solangi
- Jinnah Hospital Karachi Medico-Legal Officer Dr. Muhammad Areeb Bakhai