A BRITISH dancer died in a foreign country after ingesting a mix of drugs at a strip club where the workers had a drinking culture.
Stacey Tierney, 29, was discovered dead only days before Christmas in 2016 at Melbourne’s Dream’s Gentlemen’s Club.
While in a private lounge, she was revealed to have died from a mix of substances including ecstasy, cocaine, and heroin.
After spending the evening in a private room with two guys and dying from an overdose, her body was left for 31 hours.
And, with an examination examining his eligibility to have a liquor licence, owner Salvatore Aparo has been defending his business since the exotic dancer’s untimely death.
There was a culture of personnel drinking at the club on their days off, according to a Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission investigation.
While in a private lounge, she died of a drug cocktail that included ecstasy, cocaine, and heroin.
After spending the evening in a private room with two guys and succumbing to an overdose, her body had been left for 31 hours.
And, with an examination probing his eligibility to have a liquor licence, owner Salvatore Aparo has been defending his business following the exotic dancer’s untimely death.
There was a culture of personnel drinking at the club on their days off, according to the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission.
“We didn’t have a rule that upper management couldn’t come in on their night off,” Aparo added.
According to the Herald Sun, he reportedly told the investigation that he let management run the club while he focused on another business.
However, Aparo now claims that, despite being a “hands-off” manager at the time, he is now a “hands-on” owner who controls the club with his fiance.
He ran a construction company and delegated the management of Dreams Gentlemen’s Club to others, visiting only a few times per week.
Stacey’s terrible death, Aparo noted, had harmed the company’s brand, and while he accepted “a lot of responsibility,” it could only go so far.
When asked if he trusted the wrong individuals, the owner replied, “We all learn from our mistakes.”
He denied that the club was open after hours or outside of its licencing hours, and claimed to run a “very respectable business.”
Mr. Aparo was questioned about Ms Tierney’s death in the manager’s lounge.
When he went to the club, he said it was his private room. Managers had access to it, as well as 24-hour access to the club, according to the hearing.
Stacey’s mother had earlier expressed her grief after learning that her daughter had been dead for almost a day.
“They didn’t call for an ambulance,” she explained. She was a decent individual. I believe there has been some sort of unfairness.
“Why would you sit there and watch someone die?”
The Gambling and Casino Control Commission will visit the club on site next week and make a decision on the liquor licence in June.