Katie Price, a former beauty model, is said to have put her wedding plans with Carl Woods on hold after being warned she could face jail time.
The 43-year-old has been sharing wedding inspiration for months, and she said on Good Morning Britain in January that she needs to get married soon so that her terminally sick mother may attend.
According to a source, things are now “up in the air” after Katie admitted to breaking a restraining order this week.
Katie pled guilty to the breach against her ex-husband Kieran Hayler’s fiancée Michelle Penticost and faces up to five years in prison.
On January 21, the reality actress was detained on suspicion of sending Michelle an abusive text message in which she called her a “c***ing w***e piece of s**t” and a “gutter slag.”
Katie pled guilty to the charge on May 25 at Lewes Crown Court, despite originally denying it at Magistrates’ Court.
“Clearly you have acknowledged responsibility for an offence and pleaded guilty while you were on a suspended sentence, which means you are at risk of going to prison,” Judge Stephen Mooney told Price.
“In order to decide what the right sentence should be, I’ll need to know the relevant portions of the background.””Don’t kid yourself: you’re in danger of obtaining an immediate jail term.”
The wedding plans have come to a standstill as a result of this, with a source telling The Sun that Katie is “desperate” to marry Carl.
“She desperately wants to marry Carl,” they stated, “but everything is on hold until after the sentence court date.”
Katie is currently serving a 16-week suspended sentence for drink driving after crashing her BMW last year while inebriated.
If a person violates the terms of their suspended sentence, they may be sent back to prison for the remainder of their sentence.
When sentencing, a judge will usually focus on the new crime that has been committed and consider the earlier term as an aggravating factor.
Katie might be sentenced to five years in prison, with the 16 weeks running consecutively or even on top of the main sentence.
After a fight with Michelle at the school gates in which she called her a “f***ing c***,” she was first issued a five-year restraining order in 2019.
This meant that the former glamour model couldn’t contact Michelle directly or indirectly.