Apple makes it a lot easier for iPhone and iPad owners to arrange their apps. While Apple didn’t previously allow customers to hide apps on their iPhones and iPads, the company did make reordering apps on the home screen a breeze. However, for those who aren’t aware, we’ll show you how to hide apps on your iPhone in this article.
If you think we’re going to recommend a third-party programme to help you conceal apps on your iPhone, think again. This post will show you how to make easy modifications to your iPhone’s settings to remove apps from the home screen and app library. Oh, and one more thing: while hiding apps from your iPhone’s home screen is quite simple, hiding them from the app library may take some work.
How to hide apps on iPhone (from the home screen)?
Hide apps from your iPhone’s home screen is simple, and we’re sure some of you have already worked it out. To remove an app from the iPhone’s home screen, follow these steps:
- Long-press on the app icon you want to hide.
- From the pop-up menu, click on “remove app.”
- Now click on “remove from home screen,” and you’re all set.
We’ll be sure to publish a gif with the process of hiding apps from your iPhone’s home screen in case you have any questions.
Now that you’ve successfully removed the app off your iPhone’s home screen, it doesn’t mean it won’t appear in the search or app library. Read the next section carefully if you wish to conceal an app from your iPhone’s search and app library.
How to hide apps from the app library on iPhone?
Hide apps from the app library and search menu isn’t as simple as hiding apps from the home screen, but it’s also not rocket science. In the meantime, you’ll need to use iOS’ screen time feature to accomplish this, so follow the steps and discover how to hide apps from your iPhone’s app library.
1. Go to settings and tap on Screen Time.
2. Now, go to Content & Privacy Restrictions and enable it.
3. Click on Allowed Apps and enter the password you just created for screentime.
4. Lastly, untick the app you want to hide from the App library on your iPhone.
While the above steps will help you hide the preloaded apps; however, to hide the third-party apps, follow the steps below.
1. Go to settings and then Screen Time.
2. Go to Content & Privacy Restrictions.
3. Now, tap on Content Restrictions.
4. In the next menu, click on Apps.
5. Now, you can filter which app you want to hide according to the age ratings; else, you can hide all third-party apps from the app library.
Now for the part where you hide an app from appearing in the search.
- First off, you need to go into the iPhone’s settings, then scroll over to Siri & Search.
- Now, scroll down and look for the app you want to hide and tap on it.
- In the next menu, simply uncheck the “Show App in Search button.”
If you’re having trouble accessing the settings, we’ve included a gif to walk you through it.
That concludes the procedure for concealing apps on your iPhone. Meanwhile, we recommend that you avoid any software that claims to be able to hide any app on your phone; the majority of them are shady and do not deliver on their promises. However, if you appreciate the aforementioned techniques, please let us know, and if you have a workaround of your own, please share it with us.